GRADE 10 to 12 : DUAL MEDIUM
With the exception of the languages, all the subjects are presented in Afrikaans and English.
GRADE 8 TO 9: PARALLEL MEDIUM
When the demand is warranted, provision is made for a parallel medium class. All the learners in these classes will then take either Afrikaans or English as Home Language.
Our subject choice provides for the following courses:
Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Sciences, Geography,
Accounting, Economics, Business Studies, Computer Applications Technology,
History, Geography, Art, Economics, Music
A combination of the above-mentioned courses
GENERAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING BAND
Grade 8 and 9:
1. Home Language / First Additional Language
• English (Home / First Additional Language)
• Afrikaans (Home / First Additional Language)
3. Natural Sciences
4. Economic and Management Sciences
6. Social Sciences
7. Creative Art
8. Life Orientation
• Music is also offered as a non-examination subject
FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING BAND
Grade 10 – 12
• English Home Language / First Additional Language
• Afrikaans Home Language / First Additional Language
• Mathematical Literacy
• Life Orientation
• One subject from each group must be chosen.
• The following subjects must go with Mathematics:
1. Life Sciences (Biology)
CAT (Computer Applications Technology)
2. Physical Science
CAT (Computer Application Technology)
1. A learner will not be allowed to change subjects without good reason. Such a change will only be considered if the learner has already achieved the minimum outcomes of the subjects he / she wishes to change to. Permission must be obtained from the Department of Education in order to change subjects.
2. Learners will, however, be allowed to change from Mathematics to Mathematical Literacy, if necessary.
3. A learner will have to pass Gr. 9 before being allowed to progress to Gr. 10.
4. A learner will be allowed to take more than the prescribed 7 subjects, but the extra subjects will be offered outside normal school hours.
5. A learner is only allowed to change a maximum of two subjects in his/her Gr. 10 year and only one subject in Gr. 11. In exceptional cases a learner in Gr. 12 may request one subject change on condition that the request is finalised before 21 January of the Gr. 12 year. Permission has to be obtained from the Department of Education.
6. Only full-time candidates are allowed. Part-time candidates will have to enroll at other institutions.
7. Music: Only one instrument will be indicated on the National Senior Certificate.
8. Engineering and graphic design is offered as an eight subject after normal school hours.
HELP WITH SUBJECT CHOICES
A Grade 9 Parents’ Evening is held annually in the fourth term to give Grade 9 parents advice regarding subject choices for the Further Education and Training Band. Parents are welcome to make an appointment with the principal or the guidance counsellor for further information.
Every year Grade 9 learners write aptitude tests to help them make informed choices.